Conference Staff Position
The Harvest conference of the Free Methodist Church seeks to hire a full-time person to work as conference administrator. This a remote position offered in the Metro Pittsburgh area. The person will need to work well with a variety of people and age groups to ensure our ongoing mission to “Ignite a Spirit fueled movement that catalyzes the multiplication of disciples, leaders and churches.”
DUTIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Provides management of remote office environment for the conference and files for conference.
• Communicates with churches and pastors about conference events, reports, etc.
• Helps plan and organize conference events such as annual conference, pastoral training days, Ministerial Education Guidance events, Christmas dinner, pastors retreat, and others as planned by the superintendent.
• HR duties such as background checks, pension enrollment for pastors, maintaining personnel files, etc.
• Answer conference phone and emails in a timely and professional manner. Pick up conference mail at local post office box.
• Work with conference churches on conference and denominational apportionments.
• Work with finance team to plan conference budget.
• Oversee conference accounts and bookkeeping.
• File taxes, pay bills, provide loan reports, annual audit, send out statements, etc.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Ability to work with QuickBooks online and other apps for accounting purposes.
• Competency using Microsoft 365 online and software.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Proficient in learning new online applications
• Practices self-care and makes family a priority over ministry.
• Member of an FMC that upholds the Christian Journey as outlined in the Book of Discipline of the Free Methodist Church (Chapter 3)
• Willing to submit to a criminal and financial background check to acquire bonding for financial duties.
This position requires on average 35-40 hours a week, and is considered an hourly staff position.
Reporting: This position is an executive-level position and reports to the conference superintendent. The conference administrator works with the conference board of administration and other conference boards to ensure the mission of the conference. This position is under the supervision of the conference superintendent and the Book of Discipline of Discipline of the Free Methodist Church.
Interested in what you read?
Fill out the form below to notify us of your interest and someone from the Conference Office will reach back out to you.